Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesStolen Motorhome DatabaseRegisterLog in
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» 1. Haxey Quays, 9 nights 03/05/24 - 12/05/24
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Yesterday at 16:29

» 3. Bridlington meet 1st to 10th June
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 16:34

» 4. Bakewell meet, 2nd to 11th June 2024
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Garjanco Wed 3 Apr 2024 - 14:48

» 5. Lee Meadow Farm Matlock, 11th to 18th June
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Sat 9 Mar 2024 - 14:02

» 2) Breighton Ferry, 12th to 17th May
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Chameleon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:16

» New Member Hello to all
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby beerdrinker Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 17:35

To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Mon 29 Jan 2024 - 19:33

» RIP Sharon Lomas
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Tue 16 Jan 2024 - 21:49

» Christmas greetings
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 21:35

» Emmisions
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby rebbyvid Tue 12 Dec 2023 - 13:36

» 6) Xmas meet at Whittingham club, 30/11/23 to 04/12/23
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 21:56

» Rally Group Reminder
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:51

» 2024 meets open
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:37

» 2023 AGM details
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:14

» 4) Bridlington meet, 4th to 11th July 2023
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:02

» Techno
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:55

» SORRY
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:49

» Birthday greetings
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:46

» 5) Haxey Quays 29/09/23 to 09/10/23
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby graham & dale Fri 29 Sep 2023 - 13:49

» New meet lee meadow farm
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 23:45

» Morecambe
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 18:58

» 2) The Breighton Ferry, Breighton Selby, 01/05/23 to 09/05/23
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:56

» 3) Bakewell Rally 1st June to 8th June 2023
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:23

» 1) Haxey Quays, 21st April to 1st May 2023
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:11

» Rally Pack
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 20:42

» Apologies I've deleted pics of fbook group
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 23:45

» Happy birthday Jolly Camper
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Fri 2 Jun 2023 - 13:55

» 2023 - Motor-Homers AGM, time and location
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 28 May 2023 - 20:04

» Hello everyone.
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sun 28 May 2023 - 19:25

» INFO FOR THOSE ATTENDING BAKEWELL 1stJUNE TO 8th 2023
To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 27 May 2023 - 23:17

To the committee and true members

Go down 
+6
Chameleon
tessajoe
The Burchies
Polly
elldwin
grandadbaza
10 posters
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
elldwin

To the committee and true members  100010
elldwin

To the committee and true members  Empty
PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:07

Thanks Baza for your constructive views you have raised some good points well worth discussing. 

Regarding the point when somebody suggests something the committee throws it out. Can I point out it is discussed quite thoroughly in committee and everybody has a view and then it is voted on just the same as a general poll for the members. 

I know you don't really agree with committees but they are necessary otherwise clubs would be muddling along.
Back to top Go down
elldwin

elldwin

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 9:41

Possibly but in my experience AGMs aren't usually very popular anyway.

Another thing to consider is this club is for motorhomers who by definition go away frequently and not necessarily in this country.  

Forgetting the AGM it sad that not many are attending the Xmas meet but perhaps they have other Xmas activities arranged. I have chosen to come to this one this year but it   means I cant attend my other club's Xmas meet so they will be saying a similar thing.
Back to top Go down
Polly

To the committee and true members  500010
Polly

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:14

Hia

The other year a DA in the C&CC had about 50 members at their AGM but out of those 50 could not get enough for a committee s the DA had to close 
But on he good side it as now been regenerated. But even having a lot of members attending doesn't mean that a committee can be formed.

But the Christmas do  like all functions and rallies it's hard to please everyone.
Uttoxiter would not have been my first choice but hey ho to meet up with friends to toast Christmas together well what can one say
Back to top Go down
The Burchies

To the committee and true members  300010
The Burchies

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 10:27

Quote Grandadbaza" A similar vote could have been arranged as to the location of the most important  meet of the year ,the Christmas/AGM , I know other venue's where discussed within committee"
I agree with what you are saying here & I am sure most of us would also agree but ideas are asked for out on the open forum but "apathy" seems to be the main issue.I am not sure charging members an anual fee of £10 would be the answer as I don't think it would change the "apathy".
I would love to hear some views from as many members as we can about this, "what do you think we should do??..
Back to top Go down
tessajoe

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 13:49

i would charge 50 pound per head per year with a joining fee of 10 pound per head.each rally/meet you attend you will get 10 pound per head  knocked off your bill{max 5}and if you dont do 5 rallys a year the money wll stay with the club.and get rid of the freeloaders.
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 14:16

We were discussing number of members posts at the last meet.

Fourteen units attended the meet.  If we had posted all our conversations the forum would have been full.  I do not think charging a membership fee would make a difference to the number of posts or decision making. It's a case of ' somebody else will do it'.  Although we appear to have increased attendance at meets. Perhaps the forum traffic will increase as we enter the winter months.
I am not attending the Christmas meet. Although I have driven long distances on my own in the past I am finding driving over 2 to 2.5 hrs too much now. Especially as I would have to negotiate six major road works to arrive at the Uttoxeter meet. It's disappointing as I enjoyed the Christmas meet last year.

As to meet freeloaders we now have a rally membership section which, as I understand it you have to be a member of to attend meets.
Back to top Go down
The Burchies

To the committee and true members  300010
The Burchies

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 14:41

Quote "tessajoe" "i would charge 50 pound per head per year with a joining fee of 10 pound per head.each rally/meet you attend you will get 10 pound per head  knocked off your bill{max 5}and if you dont do 5 rallys a year the money wll stay with the club".

Although generally this is not a bad idea this type of "membership charges" can only possibly work if the rallies/meets are fairly spread around the country each year giving members from all corners of the country a chance of attending them.
Back to top Go down
mike 100

mike 100

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 14:56

well start some regional groups then north east south west now wait for some one to give reason why  this will not work 
or because they dont wont it 

it is better to try and fail then never to try at all 

like franks plan but £20 pounds £2 back each meet max 5. £10 retained by club for insurance   job done put that in the agm
Back to top Go down
Adele

To the committee and true members  25010
Adele

PostSubject: to the committee and true members   To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 15:44

it has been suggested before about somebody doing different regions but nobodys willing to take it on and look for meets .I honestly don't why you and baza are so bothered about it  has you haven't been on any of our meets for a long time.No
Back to top Go down
Polly

Polly

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 15:50

Hia

Well said Adele

Was just going to say that we try to spread our meets around

Don't you think that this post as gone on enough
Back to top Go down
Tugga

To the committee and true members  75010
Tugga

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 15:51

My opinion of the apathy of some members attending rallies is that there is a large membership in the North and just a few in the Midlands and South which seems to culminate in most of the rallies being in the North of the country.  While we have a membership with members still working, it is a long way to go for just 2 nights, if you are retired, you can travel on but if work calls, you cannot.

Mike's suggestion of Regional Groups is good, but we would need a much bigger membership to make this work.  

I also think that new members probably think that, as a group, we are "clicky" as some members only answer posts by other members they know as friends.  It is a very fine line but once they meet us, hopefully, they feel part of the Homers family.
Back to top Go down
mike 100

mike 100

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 15:53

is this not a forum for debating and is this not a members club owned by its members so freedom of speech is  aloud
Back to top Go down
Tugga

To the committee and true members  75010
Tugga

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 16:02

mike 100 wrote:
is this not a forum for debating and is this not a members club owned by its members so freedom of speech is  aloud

Yes Mike, have I said something you didn't like??
Back to top Go down
jelzz

To the committee and true members  10010
jelzz

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 16:10

Tugga wrote "My opinion of the apathy of some members attending rallies is that there is a large membership in the North and just a few in the Midlands and South which seems to culminate in most of the rallies being in the North of the country.  While we have a membership with members still working, it is a long way to go for just 2 nights, if you are retired, you can travel on but if work calls, you cannot"

My thoughts exactly Cheryl ...
Back to top Go down
mike 100

mike 100

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 16:16

Tugga wrote:
mike 100 wrote:

Yes Mike, have I said something you didn't like??
no cheryl i was reply to adele post i should have quoted  i dont get up set with any thing these days  

as life is to short to fall out over thing on these forums
Back to top Go down
Polly

Polly

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitimeFri 10 Oct 2014 - 20:15

Hia

Woops I was speaking as ME
NT a member of the committee but a member of the forum ME
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To the committee and true members    To the committee and true members  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To the committee and true members
Page 1 of 1