Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesStolen Motorhome DatabaseRegisterLog in
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» 3. Bridlington meet 1st to 10th June
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Today at 8:24

» 4. Bakewell meet, 2nd to 11th June 2024
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Thu 14 Mar 2024 - 14:20

» 5. Lee Meadow Farm Matlock, 11th to 18th June
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Polly Sat 9 Mar 2024 - 14:02

» 2) Breighton Ferry, 12th to 17th May
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Chameleon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:16

» 1. Haxey Quays, 9 nights 03/05/24 - 12/05/24
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Chameleon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:07

» New Member Hello to all
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby beerdrinker Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 17:35

Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Mon 29 Jan 2024 - 19:33

» RIP Sharon Lomas
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Polly Tue 16 Jan 2024 - 21:49

» Christmas greetings
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Polly Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 21:35

» Emmisions
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby rebbyvid Tue 12 Dec 2023 - 13:36

» 6) Xmas meet at Whittingham club, 30/11/23 to 04/12/23
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 21:56

» Rally Group Reminder
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby KSH Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:51

» 2024 meets open
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:37

» 2023 AGM details
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:14

» 4) Bridlington meet, 4th to 11th July 2023
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:02

» Techno
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:55

» SORRY
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:49

» Birthday greetings
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:46

» 5) Haxey Quays 29/09/23 to 09/10/23
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby graham & dale Fri 29 Sep 2023 - 13:49

» New meet lee meadow farm
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 23:45

» Morecambe
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 18:58

» 2) The Breighton Ferry, Breighton Selby, 01/05/23 to 09/05/23
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:56

» 3) Bakewell Rally 1st June to 8th June 2023
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:23

» 1) Haxey Quays, 21st April to 1st May 2023
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:11

» Rally Pack
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 20:42

» Apologies I've deleted pics of fbook group
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 23:45

» Happy birthday Jolly Camper
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Fri 2 Jun 2023 - 13:55

» 2023 - Motor-Homers AGM, time and location
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 28 May 2023 - 20:04

» Hello everyone.
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sun 28 May 2023 - 19:25

» INFO FOR THOSE ATTENDING BAKEWELL 1stJUNE TO 8th 2023
Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 27 May 2023 - 23:17

Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eaglewings

Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs 10010
Eaglewings

Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs Empty
PostSubject: Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs   Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Nov 2013 - 0:12

Wondered if we could have another group on dealership maybe rating on a one to five star basis. This will help us all to decide where we can go to get good service or repairs done/ which to avoid. 
As M/H owners we can exchange experiences. 

We have taken our van in to a dealership ( can't name and shame at the moment but will do when the repair is completed....) for a repair before we swap it next weeks for our new van with another dealer.
We have waited 4 months for a part from Eldiss through our insurance company.
The part has been at the repair shop from a certain dealer for 12 weeks but because of misleading and bad service we were only booked in today for the repair...to be told even though the vehicle is here today you may not get it done for two weeks as we have a backlog ...very rude very uncaring...until I threatened with suing them for breaking the written contract and costing us a lot of money if we could not complete the deal on our P X with our new motorhome next week due to their incompancy. Result we will start your repair today......after giving his staff ( the owner ) an embarrassing dressing down in front of us...for promising us they would do the repair today....even though it was not his staff it was him the owner who promised us.....we had a terrible morning with this dealer and still do not know if the repair will be done in time for our deal to be ok...so a list of dealers and experiences would be very helpful to us all we think. What do you all think? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Leapy

Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs Modera12
Leapy

PostSubject: Re: Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs   Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Nov 2013 - 6:14

Difficult one this Marie as many people will have completely different experiences with same dealer- bit like when you go to change your van - some are very pleased with a deal whilst others can't agree on one at all

Sorry to hear that you are having such a negative experience-hope things are sorted soon
Back to top Go down
Eaglewings

Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs 10010
Eaglewings

PostSubject: Re: Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs   Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitimeTue 5 Nov 2013 - 9:26

I agree with what you are saying. I wasn't meaning review on what we buy more on the experience. Ie communication meeting deadlines. After sales. I thought it would give us all an idea if someone mentioned a great deal, after sales and experience many times from certain dealers it would at least give us some confidence to deal with them at our own discretion of course.

I actually checked out our repair dealer after the fact and noticed on other forums many complaints about customer care, if I had seen this first I would have used another company via my insurance ( who by the way are caravan guard and have been brill throughout. ) The dealer we are buying our new van from has been excellent also and a small dealership with many extras added on to our sale.  He has even taxed and registered our van with number plates etc and we haven't even paid for it yet....
Maybe we could try it out as a pilot trial on the forum? What does others think.
. . .? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs   Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhome and caravan dealerships and repairs
Page 1 of 1