Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesStolen Motorhome DatabaseRegisterLog in
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» 4. Bakewell meet, 2nd to 11th June 2024
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 27 Apr 2024 - 22:01

» 5. Lee Meadow Farm Matlock, 11th to 18th June
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Mon 22 Apr 2024 - 22:03

» 1. Haxey Quays, 9 nights 03/05/24 - 12/05/24
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 16:29

» 3. Bridlington meet 1st to 10th June
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 16:34

» 2) Breighton Ferry, 12th to 17th May
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Chameleon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:16

» New Member Hello to all
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby beerdrinker Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 17:35

Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Mon 29 Jan 2024 - 19:33

» RIP Sharon Lomas
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Tue 16 Jan 2024 - 21:49

» Christmas greetings
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 21:35

» Emmisions
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby rebbyvid Tue 12 Dec 2023 - 13:36

» 6) Xmas meet at Whittingham club, 30/11/23 to 04/12/23
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 21:56

» Rally Group Reminder
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:51

» 2024 meets open
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:37

» 2023 AGM details
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:14

» 4) Bridlington meet, 4th to 11th July 2023
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:02

» Techno
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:55

» SORRY
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:49

» Birthday greetings
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:46

» 5) Haxey Quays 29/09/23 to 09/10/23
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby graham & dale Fri 29 Sep 2023 - 13:49

» New meet lee meadow farm
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 23:45

» Morecambe
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 18:58

» 2) The Breighton Ferry, Breighton Selby, 01/05/23 to 09/05/23
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:56

» 3) Bakewell Rally 1st June to 8th June 2023
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:23

» 1) Haxey Quays, 21st April to 1st May 2023
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:11

» Rally Pack
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 20:42

» Apologies I've deleted pics of fbook group
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 23:45

» Happy birthday Jolly Camper
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Fri 2 Jun 2023 - 13:55

» 2023 - Motor-Homers AGM, time and location
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 28 May 2023 - 20:04

» Hello everyone.
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sun 28 May 2023 - 19:25

» INFO FOR THOSE ATTENDING BAKEWELL 1stJUNE TO 8th 2023
Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 27 May 2023 - 23:17

Where are all the members posts

Go down 
+8
lindyloot
Red Sonja
jelzz
Ladybird
The Burchies
Tugga
grandadbaza
whistlinggypsy
12 posters
AuthorMessage
whistlinggypsy

Where are all the members posts  400010
whistlinggypsy

Where are all the members posts  Empty
PostSubject: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2013 - 20:26

What is happening to our site, we have over 169 members and from what I have seen since returning from Spain is the same 10/15 people doing all the posting.

Where are all these members and why do they not post as we have some very experienced members with years of knowledge and technical advice to hand but yet no one takes part in the posting leaving it to the few to chat amongst themselves which is not the way we want our club to run, we want input from as many members as possible so we can get a proper dialogue going among us all.

We are trying very hard to cover venues for meets all over the country but if no one posts their ideas we cannot do anything too arrange meets, so come on folk give us some ideas of what you want and we can see if we can arrange it.

Ken works very hard on meets and we are trying to arrange meets to suit all counties for bank holidays in 2014 but without your help we do not know where you want them , and concerning that, this reflects in the the amount of members committing for meets.

Bob (Club Secretary)

Last edited by whistlinggypsy on Mon 3 Jun 2013 - 20:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Tugga

Where are all the members posts  75010
Tugga

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2013 - 22:43

I don't know what the answer is Bob, but we seem to be getting new members who just never post. Could it be that when they come on and look around, perhaps we come across as being 'cliquie', even though we are not. Embarassed

The above is only a suggestion, not my opinion of us all. I think we are a friendly bunch.
Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeMon 3 Jun 2013 - 23:14

Tugga wrote:
I don't know what the answer is Bob, but we seem to be getting new members who just never post. Could it be that when they come on and look around, perhaps we come across as being 'cliquie', even though we are not. Embarassed

The above is only a suggestion, not my opinion of us all. I think we are a friendly bunch.

I agree Cheryl in principle with your comments but is that not because we are the same posters all the time so making us look "cliquie" and until we get more of the membership posting we cannot change that.
Back to top Go down
The Burchies

Where are all the members posts  300010
The Burchies

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 7:43

Bob says...
We are trying very hard to cover venues for meets all over the country but if no one posts their ideas we cannot do anything too arrange meets, so come on folk give us some ideas of what you want and we can see if we can arrange it.

I say "here here"...totally agree!!
Back to top Go down
Ladybird

Where are all the members posts  10010

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 9:04

Good morning I will do my bit we are at sunny shell island making our way down south wales
Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 9:08

Hi Pauline and David you picked a great week for Shell Island, what its like down there as we are thinking of going later on this summer. have a great trip around Wales.
Back to top Go down
Ladybird

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 9:10

Weather soooo good almost on the beach not sure where we will get will have a job getting David away from here he loves it (and schools are back) say no more!!!
Back to top Go down
jelzz

jelzz

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 9:19

Good Morning.... Its a lovely lovely day again...

I don't post much because that husband of mine always does Where are all the members posts  372028940

I wonder if some people don't post or participate because they may presume its a small group of people who tend to meet up in the same area in the north of the country...

Obviously that's not the case... We have made some great friends over the last year or so and look forward to making more.......

Where are all the members posts  2823363253
Back to top Go down
Tugga

Where are all the members posts  75010
Tugga

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 10:42

[quote="whistlinggypsy
I agree Cheryl in principle with your comments but is that not because we are the same posters all the time so making us look "cliquie" and until we get more of the membership posting we cannot change that.[/quote]

I agree with you Bob, if only we could encourage more members old and new to post. Perhaps something inocuious like a quizz might help. I am prepared to run an online one but we are away on Saturday for 3 weeks. Perhaps I can do somethin in July. Shocked
Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 12:07

We are all for looking at venues in the midlands and the south but a lot of the members in those areas do not post anything about the requirements and for Ken to book a meet and then have too cancel through lack of interest or low numbers does not make the club look very good.
Back to top Go down
Red Sonja

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 20:19

Hello. As some of you know we live in North Kent near tooth Dartford Tunel. Haven't seen some of you for a while. Times had been hard or us lately so haven't been out in the van very much. When we do we stick to local DA meets. All we need is a bit of grass and some good company.

Sonja
Back to top Go down
lindyloot

lindyloot

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 4 Jun 2013 - 21:32

Hi a lot are on facebook groups and possibly post there. I'm as guilty as some pop in from time to time but don't always post
Back to top Go down
jelzz

jelzz

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013 - 17:43

So where is everyone then ???
Back to top Go down
Red Sonja

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeTue 25 Jun 2013 - 18:55

Watching Wimbedon:D
Back to top Go down
heyupluv

Where are all the members posts  50010
heyupluv

Location : Yarkshire man Through and Through now living in France ..."Todmordenn".?? Where is Todmorden.. I heard somebody say "Todmorden" it is in Lancashire.... Thank goodness...Ken you nearly had me going there

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013 - 20:49

Tugga wrote:
I don't know what the answer is Bob, but we seem to be getting new members who just never post.  Could it be that when they come on and look around, perhaps we come across as being 'cliquie', even though we are not. Embarassed

The above is only a suggestion, not my opinion of us all.  I think we are a friendly bunch.

Well Cheryl .....Clicky.....Mmmm NOT the members we met at Wilsthorpe...we thought they were very nice set of people.... My wife and I are now new member's..as are Alan & Lynda, who was parked with us on the regatta field courtesy of the Yacht club.... both of us Motorhomers.
We was a little curious about this motorhome club about to land next to us...
After a conversation with Ken..we realised the club was not aliens...Myself and Alan decided to join and also a few other friends of mine have now joined.
Later that day both Ken and Bob did come to our MH to ask if we wanted to take part in some of the activities. Ken did give us the option to join in or not ...if not Ken said and the members would not be offended..that is good..and may I say we was made very welcome...but sometimes in the evening you do just want to chill out sit and read, watch tele and use the computer ....
Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013 - 22:19

Well Cheryl .....Clicky.....Mmmm NOT the members we met at Wilsthorpe...we thought they were very nice set of people.... My wife and I are now new member's..as are Alan & Lynda, who was parked with us on the regatta field courtesy of the Yacht club.... both of us Motorhomers.

Quote :
After a conversation with Ken..we realised the club was not aliens...Myself and Alan decided to join and also a few other friends of mine have now joined.
Later that day both Ken and Bob did come to our MH to ask if we wanted to take part in some of the activities. Ken did give us the option to join in or not ...if not Ken said and the members would not be offended..that is good..and may I say we was made very welcome...but sometimes in the evening you do just want to chill out sit and read, watch tele and use the computer ....

Mel, thanks for the comments about our club, just one small correction Ken is called PeterWink  our beloved Treasurer.

And I also agree that one does NOT have to attend all the social evenings or the events that are on offer, we have a free and easy policy for all our members on rallies/meets.
Back to top Go down
Techno100

Where are all the members posts  100010
Techno100

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeWed 10 Jul 2013 - 22:52

There's no clicks on ere chuck
I tell it how it is and Michelins rock! Laughing 
In my travels the people I met when asked "do you take part in any motorhome web forums?" I was looked at like an Alien 
despite the impression that the likes of MHF "facts" attract every motor homer under the Sun this is completely wrong! there are loads of people who just don't take part. I feel less than 10% frequent forums and very much less actually post.
Back to top Go down
heyupluv

heyupluv

Location : Yarkshire man Through and Through now living in France ..."Todmordenn".?? Where is Todmorden.. I heard somebody say "Todmorden" it is in Lancashire.... Thank goodness...Ken you nearly had me going there

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013 - 6:46

whistlinggypsy wrote:

Quote :

Mel, thanks for the comments about our club, just one small correction Ken is called PeterWink  our beloved Treasurer.

And I also agree that one does NOT have to attend all the social evenings or the events that are on offer, we have a free and easy policy for all our members on rallies/meets.

Firstly I must offer my apologies to Peter...Sorry..it was Peter not Ken.(it's a Pauline /Lynda thing Bob...whooops) What had happened I had just replied to ken KSH...so Ken was stuck in my mind..its a aged thing called dementia...or a gimmer Where are all the members posts  56133466
Back to top Go down
Leapy

Where are all the members posts  Modera12
Leapy

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013 - 7:41

Don't worry _ I have been called all sorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Where are all the members posts  372028940
Back to top Go down
heyupluv

heyupluv

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013 - 8:21

Leapy wrote:
Don't worry _ I have been called all sorts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Where are all the members posts  372028940

Where are all the members posts  2846608354  Peter.....I am still a little unsure who is who with there member's names...and who is who with there real names....so look out for any future mistakes and please correct me Where are all the members posts  56133466  Where are all the members posts  372028940 

Mel
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013 - 12:28

Peter had Ian booked the incorrect dates? Are yours the right ones.
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013 - 12:36

Brilliant meet at Wilsthorpe Razz

The sunny came out to play everyday.

I was volunteered by Bob to play Boules against some experts [ahem].  Never played before so you can guess the outcome.  Rolling Eyes Sorry David. 

But it was all good fun and I am sure they could hear us laughing in Bridlington from the evening social tent Monday night about the £2 rope:lol:
Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013 - 12:58

Quote :
But it was all good fun and I am sure they could hear us laughing in Bridlington from the evening social tent Monday night about the £2 rope:lol: 

So what was that all about Chameleon, looks like we missed a good evening going home early Sad
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitimeThu 11 Jul 2013 - 14:13

whistlinggypsy wrote:
Quote :

So what was that all about Chameleon, looks like we missed a good evening going home early Sad

Said you were making a mistake going home early Bob.  Wink 

You have to hear the 'commen't from Phil's mouth Laughing for it to make sense.

Certainly had David and Pauline laughing:lol:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are all the members posts    Where are all the members posts  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are all the members posts
Page 1 of 1