Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesStolen Motorhome DatabaseRegisterLog in
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» 5. Lee Meadow Farm Matlock, 11th to 18th June
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Sat 4 May 2024 - 20:53

» 4. Bakewell meet, 2nd to 11th June 2024
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Thu 2 May 2024 - 21:59

» 1. Haxey Quays, 9 nights 03/05/24 - 12/05/24
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 16:29

» 3. Bridlington meet 1st to 10th June
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 16:34

» 2) Breighton Ferry, 12th to 17th May
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Chameleon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:16

» New Member Hello to all
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby beerdrinker Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 17:35

Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Mon 29 Jan 2024 - 19:33

» RIP Sharon Lomas
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Polly Tue 16 Jan 2024 - 21:49

» Christmas greetings
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Polly Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 21:35

» Emmisions
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby rebbyvid Tue 12 Dec 2023 - 13:36

» 6) Xmas meet at Whittingham club, 30/11/23 to 04/12/23
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 21:56

» Rally Group Reminder
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KSH Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:51

» 2024 meets open
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:37

» 2023 AGM details
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:14

» 4) Bridlington meet, 4th to 11th July 2023
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:02

» Techno
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:55

» SORRY
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:49

» Birthday greetings
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:46

» 5) Haxey Quays 29/09/23 to 09/10/23
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby graham & dale Fri 29 Sep 2023 - 13:49

» New meet lee meadow farm
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 23:45

» Morecambe
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 18:58

» 2) The Breighton Ferry, Breighton Selby, 01/05/23 to 09/05/23
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:56

» 3) Bakewell Rally 1st June to 8th June 2023
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:23

» 1) Haxey Quays, 21st April to 1st May 2023
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:11

» Rally Pack
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 20:42

» Apologies I've deleted pics of fbook group
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 23:45

» Happy birthday Jolly Camper
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Fri 2 Jun 2023 - 13:55

» 2023 - Motor-Homers AGM, time and location
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 28 May 2023 - 20:04

» Hello everyone.
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sun 28 May 2023 - 19:25

» INFO FOR THOSE ATTENDING BAKEWELL 1stJUNE TO 8th 2023
Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 27 May 2023 - 23:17

Design The Forum Logo Competition

Go down 
+11
tessajoe
telll
Polly
Quicksam
grandadbaza
SandJ
Tugga
whistlinggypsy
elldwin
KSH
Administrator
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Administrator

Administrator

Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 19 Nov 2012 - 15:26

First topic message reminder :

We have decided to open the competition for the forum logo.
The temporary logo that is there now is about the ideal size, we could make it a bit longer but can't really make it any taller.
Any ideas welcome, maybe we could just have a small Logo, and that attached to a picture for the forum?
It's up to you.
Either put your entry into this post or into the gallery
We will leave this open for 10 days
I'll arrange a prize for the winner

Good Luck

Back to top Go down
http://motor-homers.co.uk

AuthorMessage
KSH

Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 600010
KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 22:09

Nice shadows Very Happy I prefer the capital letters for the M and H personally
No need to put the text underneath, that's not part of the graphics, I can change that if we wish anytime

Quicksam

Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 100010
Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 22:19

Put the text under to show it was full width, not just the bit in the middle.
Hope that's possible - just trying for something different !
Very Happy Good job it's a club vote Shocked
Back to top Go down
telll

telll

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 22:25

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 22:36

About 700pix wide preferably, could push it to 800

Quicksam

Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 22:37

did mine 750
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 22:39

That should be fine, just got to try and keep file size down for quick loading

telll

telll

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 22:56

Same theme alternative layout

Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 400010
whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 22 Nov 2012 - 23:20

Like this one Tell.

:./.:
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
whistlinggypsy

Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 400010
whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 7:09

Quote :
Like the one with the single van , although some one not cleaned the roof as there appears to be a weed growing Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 372028940

That's a new fangled Satellite dish Baza, go well with many you already have Rolling Eyes yes I like that one too.

:./.:
Back to top Go down
Polly

Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 500010
Polly

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Nov 2012 - 17:24

Hia

sorry can you change the colour I am nearly posting on a different site because of the colours
Back to top Go down
SandJ

Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 25010
SandJ

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012 - 9:24

I have changed design colour and layout lol! lol!
Now I am not having a rant

I may have to pull out of this due to time constraints but feel you need to decide on the main points so anyone trying to design it has the ideals.

Name layout (all capitals M&H capitals or?)
Colour (background, text, ???)
Maximum colours
Exact size to aid with design look and feel
Written content (we are?????)
Art work (Motorhome, caravan, or ????)
Anything else?
If you look at our title we need to decide does more than a motorhome need to be in?
The title seems to conflict with the scrolling banner
Then the designer has a chance of achieving your goals

I hope the comments help, if not please feel free to ignore
:./.: :./.: lol!
Back to top Go down
Quicksam

Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012 - 10:20

Hi SandJ,
The comments are really useful ..

Maybe we should have a vote on club colours first.

It's probably only the basic design that Ken needs then he can manipulate it to look right on the page header (and the flag ! )
Keep up the good work. :-J
Back to top Go down
telll

telll

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012 - 11:19

The above is on powerpoint/converted to jpeg but can be maniplated/changed/reworded/different logo whatever is chosen by the members.

Tend to agree Steve, that guidance on size, colours, logo etc would be helpful??

Can Admin manipulate the banner and what does it need saving as ie:- Jpeg,Gif etc.??

Upto 3 colours on a white background used to be the cheapest for banners ??
Back to top Go down
SandJ

SandJ

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012 - 13:29

Quicksam wrote:
Hi SandJ,

It's probably only the basic design that Ken needs then he can manipulate it to look right on the page header (and the flag ! )

Yes it may be but a lot of points effect the way you go, what looks good in one colour may look crap in another

Just a quick made up design so Look at attached and imagine it in different colours, here is two sizes, a flag does not need to have all of the web banner, you can have an emblem.

Do you want modern, contemporary, Funny far too many variants to consider.
Just my opinion

Back to top Go down
SandJ

SandJ

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Nov 2012 - 14:25

A comedy and trad type

:./.: :./.: :./.:
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 18:44

Only 3 days left to get your logo's in Very Happy
I'll gather all the logo's on the 29th, put them in a separate post and put a poll on it to find the winner.

Quicksam

Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 18:54

Hi Ken,
A few questions have been asked about the banner, can any of them be answered Question
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 18:57

I'll go through them now

KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 18:59

Polly wrote:
Hia

sorry can you change the colour I am nearly posting on a different site because of the colours
Not really Polly, just be careful Very Happy
I shown a few of the other colours on the night we did the live chat, they weren't nice affraid

KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 19:08

SandJ wrote:
I have changed design colour and layout lol! lol!
Now I am not having a rant

I may have to pull out of this due to time constraints but feel you need to decide on the main points so anyone trying to design it has the ideals.

Name layout (all capitals M&H capitals or?) - Members choice, you could do 2 images the same but one in capitals, one in lower case
Colour (background, text, ???) - Just need to fit in with forum colours
Maximum colours - I'd say 3 maximum because of printing costs
Exact size to aid with design look and feel - Think we'd be able to work with the winner to get the correct size
Written content (we are?????) - Its a logo were after mainly, could include motor-homers or web address
Art work (Motorhome, caravan, or ????) Up to you
Anything else? ?
If you look at our title we need to decide does more than a motorhome need to be in? - Dunno lol,
The title seems to conflict with the scrolling banner
Then the designer has a chance of achieving your goals

I hope the comments help, if not please feel free to ignore
:./.: :./.: lol!
Tried answering them best I can, all I can suggest is try a few, no limit on how many you enter
(must look at poll limit though, might have to do it in a few stages)

KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 19:10

Quicksam wrote:
Hi SandJ,

Ken doesn't need anything, it's your forum that needs it Very Happy
As i've said before, the other forum colours aren't that good, so its best to stick with something that fits in with the blue

KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 19:14

telll wrote:

The above is on powerpoint/converted to jpeg but can be maniplated/changed/reworded/different logo whatever is chosen by the members.

Tend to agree Steve, that guidance on size, colours, logo etc would be helpful??

Can Admin manipulate the banner and what does it need saving as ie:- Jpeg,Gif etc.??

Upto 3 colours on a white background used to be the cheapest for banners ??
Any format, I can convert it.
Yeah, for printing cost I would suggest 3 at the maximum

KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 19:16

SandJ wrote:

Do you want modern, contemporary, Funny far too many variants to consider.
Just my opinion

Depends what the members want, try a few Very Happy

telll

telll

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 20:16

Back to top Go down
Quicksam

Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 20:19

Thanks Andy. lol!

Last edited by Quicksam on Sun 25 Nov 2012 - 20:39; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Techno100

Techno100

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun 25 Nov 2012 - 20:28

HOMERS lol
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 22:05

Euston - we have a problem Embarassed
Just looked into the poll and there is a limit of 10 Evil or Very Mad

elldwin

elldwin

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 22:21

Do 2 polls of 5 each winners to go in another one.
Back to top Go down
Quicksam

Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Nov 2012 - 22:23

Can I suggest Administrator puts all the entries into a folder in the gallery.
Then the designers can put comments to say "delete this one" to try to narrow the entries down to ten.
Many of the posts were trials to find out how banners would look.
Back to top Go down
mondo

mondo

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2012 - 18:04

KSH wrote:

That would Be HOUSTON then!!
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2012 - 19:39

mondo wrote:
KSH wrote:

That would Be HOUSTON then!!
LOL, yeah Embarassed

KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Nov 2012 - 22:27

Only 2 days left Wink

KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012 - 16:45

Any late submissions? get them in now

I'll go through all the entries on saturday

tessajoe

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012 - 17:18

telll wrote:

i like this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012 - 17:40

I think I've seen that before, is it copyrighted

SandJ

SandJ

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012 - 18:47

Sorry i would have liked to have spent more time on this but unable to. Crying or Very sad
I asked the questions of the members as well as you Ken but no matter Lol
Adaptations of each one

Back to top Go down
telll

telll

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu 29 Nov 2012 - 19:01

KSH wrote:
I think I've seen that before, is it copyrighted

Don't know if it is or not , best delete it just in case. By the way Ken why do we not have a edit button on previous posts ?
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2012 - 7:29

There is an edit button but it times out, gives you chance to correct any mistakes etc, think its about 15 mins

KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2012 - 15:54

There's a lot more attempts than I expected but thats a good thing, thanks to everyone that made the effort.
As the poll only does 10, and 3 people have submitted quite a few each, does this seem a fair thing to do to get it down to 10?
Put all logo's from 1 person into a poll and select the top 2 from each person
Then put all them into a final poll to find the overall winner
This should get us down to below 10

Or is there a better way?

If there is any you don't want including could you please let me know which they are
I notice there are a few in the gallery too, are they entries?

SandJ

SandJ

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2012 - 16:32

Ken is it possible to show them in position so members can see what they will look like, as some may not suit the current home page colour scheme?
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2012 - 16:35

I was thinking the same thing, need to get numbers down 1st then I'll try and create a gif of them all, all depends how big the file will be.

main thing is the logo, we can work with the winner after to tweak the logo to suit the site

Quicksam

Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri 30 Nov 2012 - 23:00

Administrator wrote:
We have decided to open the competition for the forum logo.
The temporary logo that is there now is about the ideal size, we could make it a bit longer but can't really make it any taller.
Any ideas welcome, maybe we could just have a small Logo, and that attached to a picture for the forum?
It's up to you.
Either put your entry into this post or into the gallery
We will leave this open for 10 days
I'll arrange a prize for the winner

Good Luck

The ones in the gallery are entries.
Back to top Go down
bjderbys

bjderbys

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 19:12

Back to top Go down
bjderbys

bjderbys

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 19:37

So it is ,nice van Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 19:57

So we have got
Quicksam with 11 entries
SandJ with 6 entries
Telll with 6 entries
bjderdys with 1 entry

I'll do a poll for Quicksam, SandJ and Telll with all their entries and the top 2 will go into the last poll along with bjderbys entry to find the overall winner'
1st polls will finish Tuesday night, the last poll will then be started and that will finish on Saturday night.
PS Quicksam - is there one you would like taking out? would make it easier if there was only 10, thanks

Quicksam

Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 20:02

yes - take out the red one
Back to top Go down
Quicksam

Quicksam

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat 1 Dec 2012 - 20:03

are they numbered ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Design The Forum Logo Competition   Design The Forum Logo Competition - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Design The Forum Logo Competition
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next