Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesStolen Motorhome DatabaseRegisterLog in
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» 4. Bakewell meet, 2nd to 11th June 2024
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Today at 10:13

» 5. Lee Meadow Farm Matlock, 11th to 18th June
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Mon 22 Apr 2024 - 22:03

» 1. Haxey Quays, 9 nights 03/05/24 - 12/05/24
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 16:29

» 3. Bridlington meet 1st to 10th June
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 16:34

» 2) Breighton Ferry, 12th to 17th May
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Chameleon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:16

» New Member Hello to all
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby beerdrinker Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 17:35

Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Mon 29 Jan 2024 - 19:33

» RIP Sharon Lomas
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Polly Tue 16 Jan 2024 - 21:49

» Christmas greetings
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Polly Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 21:35

» Emmisions
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby rebbyvid Tue 12 Dec 2023 - 13:36

» 6) Xmas meet at Whittingham club, 30/11/23 to 04/12/23
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 21:56

» Rally Group Reminder
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby KSH Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:51

» 2024 meets open
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:37

» 2023 AGM details
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:14

» 4) Bridlington meet, 4th to 11th July 2023
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:02

» Techno
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:55

» SORRY
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:49

» Birthday greetings
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:46

» 5) Haxey Quays 29/09/23 to 09/10/23
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby graham & dale Fri 29 Sep 2023 - 13:49

» New meet lee meadow farm
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 23:45

» Morecambe
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 18:58

» 2) The Breighton Ferry, Breighton Selby, 01/05/23 to 09/05/23
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:56

» 3) Bakewell Rally 1st June to 8th June 2023
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:23

» 1) Haxey Quays, 21st April to 1st May 2023
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:11

» Rally Pack
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 20:42

» Apologies I've deleted pics of fbook group
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 23:45

» Happy birthday Jolly Camper
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Fri 2 Jun 2023 - 13:55

» 2023 - Motor-Homers AGM, time and location
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 28 May 2023 - 20:04

» Hello everyone.
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sun 28 May 2023 - 19:25

» INFO FOR THOSE ATTENDING BAKEWELL 1stJUNE TO 8th 2023
Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 27 May 2023 - 23:17

Mobile phone security

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KSH

Mobile phone security 600010
KSH

Mobile phone security Empty
PostSubject: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 19:10

Do you use any security on your mobile? anti-virus etc?
My take on this is you don't need it as long as you are careful, had smart phones since they came out and never had a problem.
BUT, I was browsing the Google play store a couple of week ago and come across an app called Antivirus and Mobile Security, started reading into it and decided to try it, not for the antivirus, but for the security side of it, you can lock your phone if you lose it, set off an alarm, wipe data off it, track it on Google maps - and it's pretty accurate too.
If you lock it, it shows owner details on the phone so the finder can contact you, if it falls into wrong hands and they try unlocking it by entering the password 3 times, it uses the front facing camera to take a photo of them and emails it to you, so not only have you got their location, you have a photo of them too Very Happy
Its a free app, I have tried it for over a week and not noticed any loss in battery power etc
Can be downloaded from HERE

Don Quixote.

Mobile phone security 10010
Don Quixote.

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 19:15

Not needed for a mobile phone. it will only take up memory space do nt waste your memory on these apps . if they were needed how can the "Big" companies have not developed this software................
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 19:20

I'm with you on the not needed for the anti-virus part of it, but for security I think they are worth it, the phone manufacturer isn't bothered about you losing a phone, they'd rather sell you a new one than create software to find a lost one! Yeah they can be replaced with insurance etc, but it's nice to know who nicked something off you  Wink 

mike 100

Mobile phone security 100010
mike 100

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 19:40

both my boy have no security on any thing phone or lap tops and never have problems with any thing and they both go on some real crapo site .keep telling me not to put security on my p.c as it increase the chance of getting hit .after 3 hacker and one virus in 2013 they could be right,
Back to top Go down
Don Quixote.

Don Quixote.

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 21:19

PC are different and need 100% security NOW including tablets that run windows NOT android, but phones no matter what phone does not need anti virus or security for now, perhaps in 3/5 years time when the PCis no longer.......
Back to top Go down
Eaglewings

Eaglewings

PostSubject: Looked at the app ken but it's not available for iPhone thanks anyway    Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 21:56

KSH wrote:
Do you use any security on your mobile? anti-virus etc?
My take on this is you don't need it as long as you are careful, had smart phones since they came out and never had a problem.
BUT, I was browsing the Google play store a couple of week ago and come across an app called Antivirus and Mobile Security, started reading into it and decided to try it, not for the antivirus, but for the security side of it, you can lock your phone if you lose it, set off an alarm, wipe data off it, track it on Google maps - and it's pretty accurate too.
If you lock it, it shows owner details on the phone so the finder can contact you, if it falls into wrong hands and they try unlocking it by entering the password 3 times, it uses the front facing camera to take a photo of them and emails it to you, so not only have you got their location, you have a photo of them too Very Happy
Its a free app, I have tried it for over a week and not noticed any loss in battery power etc
Can be downloaded from HERE
Back to top Go down
Don Quixote.

Don Quixote.

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 22:09

It's not available because there is NO TREAT---------------------

PLease GOOGLE virus on mobile phone they are RUMOURS PERIOD
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeMon 6 Jan 2014 - 22:44

I disagree here, security goes further than anti virus software, there is a threat if people are not careful, it's true about virus's, they won't affect a phone like a virus on a pc, self extracting files etc, but malware is rife out there and could be installed when using dodgy apps, let's look at what kind of things people do on a mobile phone now, shopping, online banking, eBay accounts, PayPal accounts, a dodgy app could steal this information.
With the storage capabilities of phones now, as well as online storage, what sort of things do people keep on their phones?? Probably a lot that criminals would like to get hold of, so to have some kind of security on your phone were the press of a button on a computer can erase all data on a lost phone to me is a damn good thing to have Very Happy
And at the least, if you can't find your phone, just activate the alarm and you will find which cushion it's behind, we've all been there Very Happy

Eaglewings

Eaglewings

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 7:06

I agree Ken especially after my posting weeks ago on here when someone pretending to be Apple Technician ( v convincing ) took remote control of my mac comp and all info on my comp was synced to my iPhone and ipad that included on line banking etc... Beware of putting passwords for bank accounts in your phone ( even if it's coded so you only know what it means ) when your computer is compromised the phone contacts can be seen on the comp and the passwords... There is a big threat in I T now we should all protect our data. Apple do have a find my phone app that works great ... They do have delete data on my phone now etc but I liked the sound if the app you were talking of Ken ... I belief all apple Apps are scrutinised before being accepted on the system but if in doubt ( especially when they ask too much personal data to install ) I always leave alone as that data can be used elsewhere... Maybe this thread would be good for the IT computer GROUP but I fel a v important thread... Marie
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Mobile phone security 100010
Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitimeTue 7 Jan 2014 - 17:48

I have a Blackberry 9790 and it comes with security.  But it also has a linked programme where by I can go on a computer go into my Blackberry Account and lock the phone and also check where it is,  As I understand it the phone doesn't have to be turned on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mobile phone security   Mobile phone security I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mobile phone security
Page 1 of 1