Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesStolen Motorhome DatabaseRegisterLog in
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» 5. Lee Meadow Farm Matlock, 11th to 18th June
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Mon 22 Apr 2024 - 22:03

» 1. Haxey Quays, 9 nights 03/05/24 - 12/05/24
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 16:29

» 3. Bridlington meet 1st to 10th June
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 16:34

» 4. Bakewell meet, 2nd to 11th June 2024
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Garjanco Wed 3 Apr 2024 - 14:48

» 2) Breighton Ferry, 12th to 17th May
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Chameleon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:16

» New Member Hello to all
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby beerdrinker Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 17:35

How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Mon 29 Jan 2024 - 19:33

» RIP Sharon Lomas
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Tue 16 Jan 2024 - 21:49

» Christmas greetings
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 21:35

» Emmisions
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby rebbyvid Tue 12 Dec 2023 - 13:36

» 6) Xmas meet at Whittingham club, 30/11/23 to 04/12/23
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 21:56

» Rally Group Reminder
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:51

» 2024 meets open
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:37

» 2023 AGM details
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:14

» 4) Bridlington meet, 4th to 11th July 2023
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:02

» Techno
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:55

» SORRY
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:49

» Birthday greetings
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:46

» 5) Haxey Quays 29/09/23 to 09/10/23
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby graham & dale Fri 29 Sep 2023 - 13:49

» New meet lee meadow farm
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 23:45

» Morecambe
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 18:58

» 2) The Breighton Ferry, Breighton Selby, 01/05/23 to 09/05/23
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:56

» 3) Bakewell Rally 1st June to 8th June 2023
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:23

» 1) Haxey Quays, 21st April to 1st May 2023
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:11

» Rally Pack
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 20:42

» Apologies I've deleted pics of fbook group
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 23:45

» Happy birthday Jolly Camper
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Fri 2 Jun 2023 - 13:55

» 2023 - Motor-Homers AGM, time and location
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 28 May 2023 - 20:04

» Hello everyone.
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sun 28 May 2023 - 19:25

» INFO FOR THOSE ATTENDING BAKEWELL 1stJUNE TO 8th 2023
How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 27 May 2023 - 23:17

How easy is it so steal your motorhome?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KSH

How easy is it so steal your motorhome? 600010
KSH

How easy is it so steal your motorhome? Empty
PostSubject: How easy is it so steal your motorhome?   How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2015 - 15:24

I have just been having a conversation via email with one of our members who has had his van stolen recently.
It was a Ford transit based vehicle (As seen in THIS LINK)
He explained how they thought it had been stolen so I looked into it, for about £15 you can buy something to not only pick the lock, it gives you the key code so you can get a key cut for the ignition Shocked
when you use this tool on a vehicle with just the standard alarm on, when you open the door with it, it turns the alarm off Shocked
What they do once they open the door is connect a laptop to your OBD port and disable the alarm key code so they can start it and drive off without doing any damage at all, if they just want to rob the vehicle then they don't need the laptop etc.

Best advice - Ditch the standard alarm and get another one fit, or at least look into buying a device to stop them doing this, I did a quick search and found one for £80, possibly available cheaper

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Chameleon

How easy is it so steal your motorhome? 100010
Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: How easy is it so steal your motorhome?   How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2015 - 15:37

Another way is have a switch hidden that has to be turned on before the vehicle starts.  

Don't know if this will work on the newer vehicles.
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: How easy is it so steal your motorhome?   How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2015 - 15:40

WOW!!!
Not being a thief I have had no need to look into tools for stealing vehicles or breaking into them and surprised just what is available out there and for very little cost, your standard door locks, lockers etc you might as well not have them on, for £2 or £3 they can be opened very easy, no damage, no mess and if anyone sees you they'd just think you owned the van Shocked Shocked

ca-diag

ca-diag

PostSubject: Re: How easy is it so steal your motorhome?   How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2015 - 15:56

There has been a spate of ford focus st's stolen from around the west midlands over the past two months im sure there where 27 done in 1 month. I have witnessed cctv footage of thieves stealing a ford focus in under 50 seconds not worrying about the alarm going off due to them not being there long enough for somebody to awaken, get dressed and exit the property before they had taken off. Being a Diagnostic Engineer I have most hardware & software for most vehicles and its scary how fast you can start a vehicle without a key. You don't need to have a key cut with the push button to start fords ( being the easier to start ) but even with the blade type you only need a basic blade head, programme it, break the steering lock, put the head by the ignition so the transponder ring will read and then start via the black box. The main issue hear is the OBD port so there's a few simple/cheap options here. Cut the main 12v feed wire to the obd port, extend the wire and then either place a 20amp inline fuse or a rocker switch in the line and hide it away from the general are of the obd port. Keep the fuse out or the switch in the off position until needed ( maintenance / Diag work ) then if the vehicle is attempted to be stolen they will plug in and wont be able to access the ecu the computer will just come back as unable to read please check battery voltage. The other option is a OBD lock off eBay ( I have fitted a few of these in the past and I am not a fan ) or totally move the OBD port. This is not a huge job but is effective but the only one problem with this is if the vehicle needs to be plugged in the garage/breakdown/mechanic will know where the plug is after work as in the fuse/rocker switch no one will ever now the location and of course you flick the switch or put the fuse in before the vehicle visits the garage and then take out or turn off when back.

I hope this helps

ps im not a car thief Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.ca-diag.com
ca-diag

ca-diag

PostSubject: Re: How easy is it so steal your motorhome?   How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2015 - 15:58

alarms wont deter them due to how fast they can enter, start and get away
Back to top Go down
KSH

KSH

PostSubject: Re: How easy is it so steal your motorhome?   How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2015 - 16:04

Having an old van I don't need to worry about the OBD port yet but I will be cutting the feed and inserting a switch or something when I do change my van, thanks for the info

ca-diag

ca-diag

PostSubject: Re: How easy is it so steal your motorhome?   How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitimeWed 4 Nov 2015 - 16:07

No Problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How easy is it so steal your motorhome?   How easy is it so steal your motorhome? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How easy is it so steal your motorhome?
Page 1 of 1