Motor-Homers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesStolen Motorhome DatabaseRegisterLog in
Thank you for visiting Motor-Homers.co.uk - Sponsored By Outsmart The Thief Ltd - A motorhome club owned by its members, Please register to join us for a chat - IT'S FREE TO JOIN ~~~~~
Latest topics
» 5. Lee Meadow Farm Matlock, 11th to 18th June
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Sat 4 May 2024 - 20:53

» 4. Bakewell meet, 2nd to 11th June 2024
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Thu 2 May 2024 - 21:59

» 1. Haxey Quays, 9 nights 03/05/24 - 12/05/24
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 18 Apr 2024 - 16:29

» 3. Bridlington meet 1st to 10th June
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 16 Apr 2024 - 16:34

» 2) Breighton Ferry, 12th to 17th May
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Chameleon Thu 7 Mar 2024 - 2:16

» New Member Hello to all
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby beerdrinker Sun 4 Feb 2024 - 17:35

Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Mon 29 Jan 2024 - 19:33

» RIP Sharon Lomas
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Polly Tue 16 Jan 2024 - 21:49

» Christmas greetings
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Polly Fri 29 Dec 2023 - 21:35

» Emmisions
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby rebbyvid Tue 12 Dec 2023 - 13:36

» 6) Xmas meet at Whittingham club, 30/11/23 to 04/12/23
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Tue 5 Dec 2023 - 21:56

» Rally Group Reminder
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby KSH Tue 21 Nov 2023 - 22:51

» 2024 meets open
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Tue 7 Nov 2023 - 21:37

» 2023 AGM details
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:14

» 4) Bridlington meet, 4th to 11th July 2023
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 5 Nov 2023 - 11:02

» Techno
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:55

» SORRY
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:49

» Birthday greetings
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 19 Oct 2023 - 21:46

» 5) Haxey Quays 29/09/23 to 09/10/23
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby graham & dale Fri 29 Sep 2023 - 13:49

» New meet lee meadow farm
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby jolly camper Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 23:45

» Morecambe
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Polly Thu 14 Sep 2023 - 18:58

» 2) The Breighton Ferry, Breighton Selby, 01/05/23 to 09/05/23
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:56

» 3) Bakewell Rally 1st June to 8th June 2023
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:23

» 1) Haxey Quays, 21st April to 1st May 2023
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sat 24 Jun 2023 - 19:11

» Rally Pack
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby KSH Fri 23 Jun 2023 - 20:42

» Apologies I've deleted pics of fbook group
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Fri 9 Jun 2023 - 23:45

» Happy birthday Jolly Camper
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby John Sutcliffe Fri 2 Jun 2023 - 13:55

» 2023 - Motor-Homers AGM, time and location
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby KSH Sun 28 May 2023 - 20:04

» Hello everyone.
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sun 28 May 2023 - 19:25

» INFO FOR THOSE ATTENDING BAKEWELL 1stJUNE TO 8th 2023
Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeby Ambilkate Sat 27 May 2023 - 23:17

Satnav for camper and caravan

Go down 
+2
Chameleon
mikejo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
whistlinggypsy

Satnav for camper and caravan 400010
whistlinggypsy

Satnav for camper and caravan Empty
PostSubject: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2015 - 10:45

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In C&CC magazine there is a new kid on the block with what looks like a decent Satnav for Motorhomes/Caravans at a very realistic price so if you are inline for a new one go have a look at the site, DO NOT forget to ADD VOUCHER CODE, CCREADER in the required box for a £50 discount.

There are two models, a 4" and 5" size, full European mapping, free lifetime updates, speed warnings and built in DVR dashcam.

Just ordered one, so I will test it out and post a report.
Back to top Go down
mikejo

mikejo

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2015 - 12:56

How meny satnav do ya need bob
Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2015 - 13:25

I only have 1 and that's 7 years old, just about done in and needs a new battery
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Satnav for camper and caravan 100010
Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeTue 6 Oct 2015 - 15:22

whistlinggypsy wrote:

There are two models, a 4" and 5" size, full European mapping, free lifetime updates, speed warnings and built in DVR dashcam.

Wondered how long it would be before someone would combine a sat nav and a dashcam. Good idea.

Look forward to your report Bob.
Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeSun 11 Oct 2015 - 2:26

Chameleon wrote:
whistlinggypsy wrote:

Wondered how long it would be before someone would combine a sat nav and a dashcam. Good idea.

Look forward to your report Bob.

Hi Joyce, having used the unit for 150 miles I find it does what it say's on the tin, the mapping is excellent but the instructions are not as good as my 7yr old TomTom but the onscreen map is very clear and precise and the narration is excellent and extremely clear (no computer generated voices but only English or French ?) 

As for the POIs they are very limited (70 per page of any POIs only) and I have yet to find out if I can add my own (I doubt it) but if you know your destination/address it will find thousands of campsites/aires/camperstops/truckstop ect. or indeed many thousands of other POIs

The dashcam is excellent as well but I have yet to find a way of saving the files to the PC even after downloading the software (think it may be my PC not accepting the permissions) but replaying them on the unit they are very clear so I will keep trying to sort this one out.

Would I recommend it, well yes if you are concerned about the size/weight, or length of your unit as the TomTom camper Satnav is £349 this one is £199,99 with the voucher code (CCREADER) but saying that some of the truck Satnavs are very good for dimensions but unless you can enter your own POIs it not as good, having said that I think I would with my experience of travelling Europe I would prefer a TomTom and put my own POIs in (but of course NO dashcam) so its horses for courses I think, so I will give it for now a 8 out of 10 until I find out more about it and see if I can upgrade the 8GB SD card and enter my own established POIs list gathered over many years.
Back to top Go down
SandJ

Satnav for camper and caravan 25010
SandJ

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2015 - 9:04

Bob have you tried asking them and have you registered it?

Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeThu 15 Oct 2015 - 9:34

Yes its registered Steve, you can upgrade the SD card too a max of 32GB and you can only add POIs in your favourites folder, got the files playing on the PC now and they are very clear as is the sound so it's looking better, just going to do some more testing but it is looking positive.
Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeFri 16 Oct 2015 - 20:22

Update on Satnav, I had to send it back as the sound on the unit was near non existent and a small crack appeared on the screen, well had a report back today from the supplier (that was quick, 2 days from returning) and they agreed the speaker was faulty, and the crack was a scratch not a crack, neither of us no how this occurred.

The outcome is they are sending me a brand new unit, it has been tested and is in perfect working order and of course NO scratches, so I am looking forward to my ongoing review as I was impressed with the original unit after sussing out the menu which is different from my present Tomtom, especially the POIs system which I was not using correctly but now know how to do it right. I was unaware of the fact there are 2 SD cards in the unit as it does not show that in the online manual ( one is for the mapping/software and the other is solely for the dashcam which I will upgrade to 32GB form the original 8GB), they agreed it was a mishap it was not shown and are rectifying this omission.   

The quality of the replay of the stored files on my PC were of great quality as was the sound (strange as it was rubbish on the unit) so now i will see how it works when I give a route which I know I could "NOT" take the van down and see how it re-routes me and report back, so far so good compared the very expensive TomTom caravan Satnav.
Back to top Go down
bjderbys

bjderbys

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2015 - 16:03

Any more on the Updates for the Satnav Bob,thinking of getting one
Back to top Go down
whistlinggypsy

whistlinggypsy

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeFri 23 Oct 2015 - 22:56

Sorry John for the delay but I have been very busy today, as for the review I am afraid for me it is over as the unit I had developed an internal speaker problem so I returned it to the supplier.

He reported back at first "yes" there is a fault and we will replace your unit with a new one, well nothing happened for 3 days so I called them back and was told it was not a problem so much with the unit but it was my car interior sound causing the problem, I said that was rubbish as my Mio dashcam works perfectly, he replied well that is because there software is better than ours, well that was enough for me and I requested the return of my payment in full, that has now been returned and I am looking at replacing my old TT with a new TomTom.

As for the Aguri RV500 DVR I did find it was a good unit with clear videos and sound when replayed through my PC, the mapping was good, the POIs for campsite, Aires and stopovers were also very good, it was quite easy to programme the settings and the size of the outfit one was driving, so in all I would give it a fair review in as far they admit their software is not the best.

I have seen today a Garmin 6" satnav with integrated dashcam and it certainly looked and felt good to use in the store but the near £300 put me off, also I am really a TomTom user and have been for many years so that is what I will end up with.

Good luck with your search, regards Bob
Back to top Go down
bjderbys

bjderbys

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2015 - 0:23

Thanks Bob for the info will give this one a miss.

I have had a look at the Garmin 6" satnav with integrated dashcam on ebay £254.99 looks ok,It has everything I want (satnav, dash cam and hands free).

Will have to have a think about it, I am the same as you always been a tom-tom person
Thanks John
Back to top Go down
debbie

Satnav for camper and caravan 50010
debbie

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Oct 2015 - 10:42

I have always liked TomTom, but I once tried a Garmin, tried it for a couple of hours, then took it back to the store and changed it for a TomTom. I particularly like the way that TT is so user friendly and you can set the voice and colours and the whole presentation to your likes.
Satnav for camper and caravan 424776184
Back to top Go down
Chameleon

Satnav for camper and caravan 100010
Chameleon

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Oct 2015 - 14:37

A few years ago I bought Colin a Garmin Sat Nav for his birthday. His choice as he wanted a large screen.  However previous to this we had both used TTs and Colin now wants another TT Sat Nav as he says the Garmin is rubbish in comparison.  The TT is more user friendly and I must admit although I have Sat Nav fitted in the radio unit of the present motorhome, I still use the TT if I am going anywhere I have not been before.  Can be quite interesting at times especially when I approach a road junction and one Sat Nav says turn left and the other says turn right.  I have more faith in the TT so I follow those instructions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Satnav for camper and caravan   Satnav for camper and caravan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Satnav for camper and caravan
Page 1 of 1